Thursday, March 30, 2006

An End to An Era ...

of eye-opening experiences, friendship, hardwork, toil, respect, tolerance, motivation, inspiration and dedication. There are lots more positive attributes I could list but I shan't. Call it a writer's perogative if you will. Infant blogger in this instance.

I met wonderful people from all walks of life during my 9 months with M! the Opera and I know that many of us will remain in contact with each other having forged such strong friendships. For this, I thank my friend, Fuad, who introduced me to M! though he himself left the production just as the ball started rolling.

Despite positive and negative comments (more negative than positive, and I call them comments as I've yet to read a professional review with constructive criticisms and not mere brown-nosing or dismissive), the cast has shown tremendous and unflailing dedication and belief towards this project, ploughing on day after day, night after night. That's first-timers for you (most of them are, including myself). Grit and determination. It's not one man's effort but every man's effort put together.

I shall miss all of this, miss the curry laksa/dim sum/bak kut teh supper after performances, and most of all, walking onto the stage every night. I shan't be missing my new found friends because I believe our friendship will continue to go the distance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home