Saturday, April 08, 2006

A Promise of a Lifetime

Marriage - a promise to be by the side of the one you love and treasure in happiness and woe, in health and in sickness, through thick and thin until one's time is up.

One of my many beautiful girlfriends crossed over to the land of coupledom officially today. The thought is still sinking in .. very slowly but surely. As I sang 'The Nearness of You', I could feel the wealth of emotions creeping up in my chest and my tearducts were very nearly activated - close call!

I'm truly happy that she has found that someone with whom she can spend the rest of her life. Truly happy that she will be making a life with that someone who we all know will treasure her, care for her, and love her in every way she could AND could not imagine. Blissfully happy in the knowledge that she has been rewarded accordingly for she is a wonderful friend and person.

Congratulations to my dearest and beautiful friend, Selin :)